Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Certain features of copycatlegal.com require you to provide personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, birth date among other information. The following are certain situations in which we may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Registration. When you register with us, we may ask for personally identifiable information like your e-mail address and birth date. We collect this personally identifiable information from you.
- Use of Forums. If you choose to transmit, submit or post information through any forums available on copycatlegal.com, we will collect that information you provide.
- Forms. We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on copycatlegal.com.
- Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on copycatlegal.com, we may choose to collect such information about you.
- Business Partners. We may receive your personally identifiable information from one of our business partners.
- Other Sources. We may receive and collect information about you from other sources, such as instant messaging services, blogs, newspapers, other users of our products and services and our affiliates.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We use your personally identifiable information as follows:
- to fulfill your requests for certain products, services and information;
- to contact you and deliver information to you such as administrative notices, offerings, and other communications relevant to your use of copycatlegal.com;
- to provide you information about seminars, services, events and information offered by us and our affiliates;
- to analyze site usage, conduct market research, improve marketing and promotional efforts, and improve and customize our content, layout, products and services;
- to provide customer support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Co-Sponsored Events. Depending on your privacy preferences, we may contact you with information about seminars and other events sponsored by us. Some of these events may be co-sponsored with other organizations. In such cases, we may lend our mailing list to a co-sponsor so that all of the communications regarding the event can be processed centrally.
- “Email a Friend” Features. copycatlegal.com contains features that allow you to forward information and personal messages to a colleague. When you use one of these features, we will ask you to provide your name and email address and your colleague’s name and email address. We use this information only to customize and deliver your message.
- Employment Information. In some cases, you may be able to use copycatlegal.com to search for our job openings and to submit a job application. When you use copycatlegal.com to apply for a job, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, educational background and employment history. You may also send us your résumé and other information relating to your job search or application. We use this information only for recruiting and employment purposes; we do not use it for marketing purposes. If we hire you, the information you provide during the recruiting process will become part of our employee records.
- Forums. Any information that you place or submit to be placed within any forum on copycatlegal.com may be disclosed to the public.
- Advertisers. We may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
- External Service Providers. There may be a number of separate services offered by third parties on copycatlegal.com that we refer to as external service providers and that may be complementary to your use of copycatlegal.com. We will only provide your personally identifiable information to an external service provider with your consent. To prevent the disclosure of your personally identifiable information to an external service provider, you can decline such consent or simply not use their services.
- Internal Service Providers. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of our business, product and service operations (e.g., technology, Forums, analytical tools, advertising campaign management) and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right (and you authorize us) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when we determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify or contact you, or bring a legal action, including against you if:
- you are interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
We may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to copycatlegal.com and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of copycatlegal.com or other Web sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider’s point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a Web site.
Changes to Personally Identifiable Information and Use Preferences
You may at any time opt-out of our use of your personally identifiable information via our unsubscribe process available at MarketingDept@CopyCatLegal.com. After we process your opt-out request, we will stop using your personally identifiable information.
Please note, however, that after you opt-out of our use of your personally identifiable information, third parties may continue to use any personally identifiable information that may be in their possession and you may still receive offers from third parties. You must contact these third parties directly to opt-out of their use of your personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for any third party’s use or failure to stop using your personally identifiable information.
We send only verified, double-opt-in e-mails, specifically requested by our subscribers. We are fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. We, our external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. We, and our external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie (and a Web beacon, described below) to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
“Web beacons”, also called single-pixels (1×1) or clear GIFs, are electronic images that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those Web sites. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web beacons.
- Internal use of Web beacons. We may use Web beacons internally to count users and recognize users through cookies. Access to cookies helps us personalize your experience when you visit copycatlegal.com.
- Email. We may include Web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that we or our affiliates or agents send. Including Web beacons in email messages helps us determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web beacons. We may also use Web beacons externally. For example, we may report aggregate information about copycatlegal.com users, such as demographic and usage information, to third parties. We may also include other company’s Web beacons within copycatlegal.com.
We use industry-standard security measures to protect your information. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures, we will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
Access and Use of copycatlegal.com
copycatlegal.com is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly permit registration of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18. You hereby agree not to submit any information to us about anyone under the age of 18. We cannot verify that a submission does not constitute information about a person under the age of 18.
Governing Law; Arbitration
Via U.S. or International Mail:
311 N. University Drive, Suite 301
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
Attn: Marketing Department